Easy and nutritious smoothies are my absolute favorite as they’re a great addition to any daytime routine – for example they make a great addition to a breakfast, lunch or dinner meal and also as a snack- like this Green Coconut Smoothie!
This smoothie is well balanced thanks to the healthy fat, and is also loaded with healthy ingredients that can help to nourish your body. For example, the turmeric and avocado are a good source of anti-inflammatory nutrients while the spirulina is a good source of energizing b vitamins, iron, and a little protein too.
If you want to make this a complete meal smoothie then add your favorite plant-based protein to round it out!
Enjoy this tasty smoothie!
Green Coconut Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving (16-20 oz, 500 mL)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp spirulina or chlorella (blue-green algae)
- Dash of dried turmeric
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 8-10 oz hemp or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 serving protein powder- my favorite is Plant Fusion
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients through the blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try other smoothies right here!