Flax crackers are super yummy and pretty healthy too. I love to make these crackers because they’re easy to make and give my body a lot of healthy fiber. They also act as a great dipping-agent into dips like hummus or guacamole as an alternative (and a healthier one!) to other types of crackers.
These flax crackers can also be shaped to fit your favorite flavor profile by adding different herbs and spices – because on their own they’re a little bland (after all, flax doesn’t have an overwhelming flavor!).
I hope you love these crackers as much as I do!
Easy Flax Crackers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes:About 20 crackers (cut 2 inches by 2 inches)
- 1 cup ground flaxmeal
- 2 tbsp hulled sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Dash salt and pepper
- (optional): dash garlic powder, turmeric, cayenne
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix until well blended- the consistency should be a paste (but not overly wet or sticky).
- Spread mixture onto the baking sheet (I like to use a piece of plastic cling wrap to help me spread the mixture with my hands without sticking to it!)- it should be about 1/4 inch thick or less.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and crispy (and make sure the middle isn’t doughy!).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve either by themselves or with your favorite dip- like hummus!
For more snack ideas click here.