If you love kale chips, you’ll love these brussels sprout chips. These tasty brussels sprout chips are easy to make, low in calories (depending on the seasoning and dressing) and are packed with nutrients.
Brussels sprouts are a member of the cruciferous vegetable family along with kale, cauliflower and cabbage amongst others. Brussels sprouts are a good source of fiber, vitamins A and C, Glucosinolates- a nutrient that may help to prevent cancer and tumor growth, and zeaxanthin that has been shown to play a role in eye health.
Serve these tasty brussels sprout chips as a part of any meal or as a snack. You can also use various spices and herbs to flavor them to your liking.
Brussels Sprout Chips
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- Skins of 2 cups of washed, halved brussels sprouts (hint: the outer two layers of leaves)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to the broil setting, set aside an un-greased cookie sheet
- Wash and cut the brussels sprouts in half, then peel outer two layers of leaves and set aside (use the heart of the brussels sprouts for another dish) in small bowl
- Pour olive oil and salt and pepper over the brussels sprouts in the bowl, mixing with your hands or a spoon
- Place marinated brussels sprout leaves on cookie sheet and place on the highest rack in the oven
- After 3-4 minutes, turn brussels sprouts to prevent burning, cook for another 2-3 minutes
- When the brussels sprout leaves are browned and crispy, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow them to cool
- Serve and enjoy!